What are cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or other device, if you agree to this. Cookies record how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. They can be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. The information stored in cookies may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
What are scripts?
A script is a piece of programme code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
What is a web beacon?
A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
- Manage your consent settings
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect and personal data from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: these cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
First and third party cookies: first party cookies are cookies set by our website. Third party cookies are set by a website other than our website.
We use both first party and third party cookies on our website. These are set out below.
We use Complianz for cookie consent management. Read more
For more information, please read the Complianz Privacy Statement.
We use Google Analytics for website statistics. Read more
For more information, please read the Google Analytics Privacy Statement.
We use WordFence for website security. Read more
For more information, please read the WordFence Privacy Statement.
Google Tag Manager
We use Google Tag Manager for website statistics. Read more
For more information, please read the Google Tag Manager Privacy Statement.
We use Google Maps for maps display. Read more
For more information, please read the Google Maps Privacy Statement.
We use LinkedIn for display of recent social posts and/or social share buttons. Read more
For more information, please read the LinkedIn Privacy Statement.
We use Google Fonts for display of webfonts. Read more
For more information, please read the Google Fonts Privacy Statement.
Sharing of data is pending investigation
Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. You can alter your cookie preferences at any time by managing your consent settings in section 5 above. Please refresh your page to ensure that the new settings have taken effect. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that our website may not work properly if all cookies are disabled. If you do delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again after your consent when you visit our websites again.
MWC Partners Ltd
20 Denbigh Hall